ERA-NC Alliance is an alliance of organizations across NC focused on ratification of the Equal Rights Amendment. Congressional District Action Teams are being formed to organize activities in each NC Congressional District.
Get involved: Statewide information is available at www.era-nc.org or call (984) 244-0611. In WNC, Districts 10 and 11 have combined forces. Contact Ellen Perry at firstname.lastname@example.org or Jimmie Cochran Pratt at Jimmie.email@example.com to get involved.
RatifyERA-NC is an ERA resource for NC. Updates on legislation, showing of Equal Means Equal, and other events to build the knowledge and support for Equal Rights for women are posted on this website.
Contact is Amanda Krause at firstname.lastname@example.org
The North Carolina Council for Women and Youth Involvement has a western region office. Their mission includes advising the Governor, the North Carolina General Assembly and state departments on issues impacting women by
- raising awareness of the impact of violence against women and directing available resources to serve victims in communities across the State;
- collecting and distributing information about the status of women in North Carolina;
- collaborating with other groups and individuals working on behalf of women;
- assuring that necessary services, policies and programs are provided to those in need and strengthening existing programs; and
- offering technical assistance, monitoring, and approval for Batterer Intervention Programs in North Carolina.
Get involved: Contact Kathleen Balogh at the local office at (828) 251-6169.
Get involved: Contact Kelley Hubbell, Director of Women’s Empowerment, at (828) 254-7206, ext. 104 or at email@example.com.